Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

HW #6







What we learned in class on monday was how we view and distinguish 2D art work foreground, middleground and background and also overlapping scale, relative size,linear perspective one point and two point and also vanishing points. The 2D art work I chosed is from the MET museum and its by Pieter Bruegel the Elder and it's called the Harvesters.
What we learned in class on monday was how we view and distinguish 2D art work foreground, middleground and background and also overlapping scale, relative size,linear perspective one point and two point and also vanishing points. The 2D art work I chosed is from the MET museum and its by Pieter Bruegel the Elder and it's called the Harvesters. when we look at this painting we see that this painting has a foreground, middleground, background, relative size and vanishing point. When we look at this painting the foreground would be where the harvesters are all relaxing and gathered together and also that big tree in the front where one of them seem to be napping or something next to it. The middle ground to me would be the part that’s green with grass right in the middle with a couple other trees. As the tree’s go more further back we can see that they’re relative size because they appear to get smaller and smaller. The background would be the land with the water all the way in the back and the gloomy sky. By this point in the background the trees are at vanishing point.

Now going on to my drawing please don’t laugh it because I can't really draw but i tried the best i can. I decided to draw my kitchen since thats where I am doing my homework. I used the linear perspective one point so you can see that the cabinets are more towards the background and the dining table and the refrigerator is more foreground.Sorry the picture quality is bad my ipad has a terrible camera.

1 comment:

  1. From what I see of your drawing it looks pretty good! Also, I love the painting you chose as an example of perspective- but you could have written about it more- tell us where you see the vanishing point, and how he uses overlapping and scale. Please check what you post- your text has repeated paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete