Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

essay 1

Art no. 1 sports on frozen river 

ART NO 2
                    The museum is so big and it was hard to get at all the section, we were lost in the middle and getting back the previous place but I enjoyed the day observing all those different types of art and there is lots of art I would like to talk about then I just chose two which I found some interest in that. There are sports on a frozen river by Aert Van Der Neer in year around 1660 and other one is the portrait of the boy Eutyches there is no any artist name on it but it says gift of Edward S. Harknes and this art was made in year A.D. 100-150. This both are the D2 form of art, which is painting the first one, which used oil on wood and second one. In the first art I can see primary color like red and yellow which shows the sunset and also some of cool color like sky blue and the clouds and interesting thing is that sunlight reflects on the frozen river. The shapes of this art are mostly organic like those dark sadness color clouds and the broken brunches near the river. The houses are geometric shapes. There are some negative space between the people on river and between their legs, it seems like they are playing hockey on the frozen like because that time they don’t have any specific place to play sports.  Even though it looks poor this art compose the unity of people in small town I think main emphasis in this art is the people and the landscape and sun set sense.
                     In the second art the artist used Encaustic on limewood. When I entered the museum this art caught my eyes I have no any specific reason but I feel something special with this, artist made this with some purpose but I felt like this art is To give tangible form to feelings and ideas. The style of this art is representational and realism and believe that this artist idealized that it set a societal belief that what young handsome boy should look like it shows the “system of perfection”. There is a bit of warm color and mostly are neutral and the texture of this art is smooth. The proportion of this art is bigger than actual size like all his face parts are sharp and smart what everyone desire to have. Between this two art the similarity that they both are D2 form and they both used some warm colors. More than similar there are more different between this two arts. Sports on frozen river is representational, it trying to make it look “real” and it looks more stylized because I can’t see the face of the people and they simplified anyone and Portrait of the boy Eutyches is more idealized. When it comes to repetition of the art sports on frozen river have much more colors and lines. The reason I chose these two arts are that I like the sports on frozen about how it tells about games are exist in ancient time and I can feel the peace and unity at that time and now society develops every single minutes but art remains same and the way artist express their work is still same after decades. Everything in life changes and die at a time but art is beauty, which never ends. And in the second art I chose that one because I saw many artist who paint of a man or people but this is extremely beautiful the boy is so attractive and it  was the one which i got  my eyes on.



1 comment:

  1. Great ideas Tenzin- I was able to understand your observations.

    ReplyDelete