Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014




HW #4


     For this assignment, I found this drawing from Victoria Ecclesia, Torino Medieval Castle 1884 on the Google Art Project gallery. From what I learned on the last class, I can see that this drawing is composed of many lines and shapes that gives the realism of this drawing. The author of this drawing in my opinion, seems to use more of the smooth shading technique than the cross hatching. For the strong light implied in this drawing, I can see different tones of shadings. Some examples are the shadows on top of the bed that has a very dark tone than any other parts of the bed because light doesn't hit those spots directly. Besides shading, I can see that the author used different kinds of lines to make this drawing come to life. I can also see some repetition of the same shape on the top. For me the focal point of this drawing goes directly to the bed than any other object. I'm telling this because the bed seems to have more details.

1 comment:

  1. You did a good job here, but blogs are 250 words minimum!

    ReplyDelete