Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

HW #4





       I chosed this drawing from Museum of the city of NY by E.H Suydam of a drawing of central Park New York. What made me choose this drawing is one is because is one of my favorite parks in New York City and also because I see similarities that the drawing has from what we learned and did in class. In class we had to draw a model and do some contouring and shading in our drawing as well as some cross hatching. My experience on drawing the model was a little difficult for me because first of all I don't have steady hands to achieve some of the details i would've liked to draw better on my paper, But I did have fun and learned many methods on how I can achieve a better drawing. Looking at this drawing by E.H Suydam I see that he used lines, contouring and also hatching especially on the parts that represent the trees of central park he also used shading on the buildings to show that there were also shadows. Suydam drew many lines to create the shapes of the buildings and also windows. By looking at this drawing we can agree that that Suydam used rhythm in his drawing with the repetitive shapes of squares and rectangle and also some circles for the trees. When I took a  closer look at this drawing I also see that this drawing is asymmetrical, Suydam drew more and better amounts of buildings on the right side than there is on the left side.

1 comment: