Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

blog #6

       I found this artwork from MoMA. The title of the art work is Landscape at Bondensee. The artist name is Max Kaus from German. It was created in 1927. Medium is drypoint. When I found the artwork, I didn’t know about drypoint. I searched web site to find out what it is. It is printmaking technique that digging with sharp materials into the plate. It is very interesting that the technique can make this wonderful image. There are three areas in art work which are foreground, middle ground and background. Foreground is showing road and a big tree. Middle ground is showing  a tree.  Background is showing mountains. I can see overlapping with trees. Especially, there are a lot of trees overlapped behind the tree from middle ground. I can also see mountains overlapped on the background. There is scale in the art work. The road becomes narrow until it disappears. The size of trees is big on the foreground. The trees are standing with the line. They become smaller until I can see tiny dots. There are also a lot of mountains on the Background. The size of mountains is tiny compare to tree on the foreground.  The road shows linear perspective. There are two points perspectives. There are two roads separated. The two roads become narrow and vanished.  The eye level is looking down from higher place. 
 My drawing in my kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Hanna you picked a great example of an artwork to show perspective! I think you could have written a little more (minimum 250 words!) For example when you say " The road becomes narrow until it disappears" what is that called in art? (vocabulary!) It is one point perspective. I love your drawing with lots of doors!

    ReplyDelete