Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

hw6

When you told us that we had to draw something from our house, I really didn’t know what to draw because I’m not a good drawer. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to draw. I went around the house to see what I could draw, I sat on my bed and I look up and I see what’s in front of me which was my TV and dressing table so I decide to draw that. As you could see on your left in my drawing I really tried my best to draw but that what came out. I pick out a drawing that’s called “the overlook” by Frank Magnotta. I found this drawing on museum of modern art. In class we learned about four new word which was “foreground/ middle ground/ background”, “overlapping”, “relative size” and  “linear perspective”.  In the drawing that I pick it shows foreground/middle ground/ background. As you could see the background is that little hill which is in the back and the foreground is the tree which is in the front and the middle ground is the river and the little hills because its in the middle so I’m guessing they both middle ground. In the drawing it show overlapping too with the trees, they are tress in fronts of tress which its overlapping. There is relative size in the drawing because the picture keeps going back and back and that is called scale its big in front and it keeps getting smaller while it goes back.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole- you are right on point with the example that you chose and the way you described the space/perspective! Good work! (Also, I love what you chose!) And, in your own drawing you did a very good job with the desk top and stuff on it!

    ReplyDelete