Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Blog #4

Blog# 4

I have selected this piece of art by Andy Warhol from Museum of Modern Art.The outline or contour line of this piece of art captures the expression of this person.The simple contour of this art makes me pay a close attention to the object or the person of this drawing.While I started creating contour line in class I did not realize that contour line is that much important of any art but through my work I have noticed how these lines can create a great piece of art.In this drawing we can see how carefully by using some repeated lines the artist made the eyes, face, hand more alive.However,while making shades the artist did an excellent work as the closer lines which are together in hair,eyes and lips made these parts more darker and alive.On the other hand the lighter shade in shirt and fingers made these parts less dense.The artist did not use any colour yet this piece of art is more alive and could successfully present the expression of the object or the person in this drawing.In this art there is not that much cross hatching but the different lines and darker and lighter shades made it accomplished.When I look at this art I can get some idea how the artist drew it,as I can see he has started a line from the person's cheek to nose and the line ended in eye. The artist intentionally drew some different and repeated lines and shades.Moreover,other elements that the artist focused in this art is some geometric shapes,and the main focal point is the face which drowns the attention first.It is a eye level drawing that is asymmetrical.

 




1 comment: