Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014


HW #6

The drawing on the top left hand side  was found on the modern museum of art. It has no specific title but it seems like it can be called (Green Cabin). The author's name is Amy Gartrell. The medium on this drawing are ink, gel-ink pen, and pencil on colored paper. This drawing has foreground, middle ground and background. For the foreground I can say that it is the snow on the bottom of the drawing, for the middle ground I can say that the cabin is the middle ground and as the background for me is the tree. There is overlapping in this drawing, I can see clearly that the cabin is covering the tree giving depth to the drawing. This was drew on the eye level and the main object to focus is the cabin. About my drawing I can say that these are some of the house furniture. I drew them on a lower eye level. There is no overlapping but there is depth.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting selection Luis. Almost has an "advertising" feel to it. What a tremendously sized tree as well! Almost dominates the piece, in which case it maybe better off called "Green Tree", but I definitely see your point. The overlapping I suppose lets us know what the artist wanted to showcase, which is indeed the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawing Luis! However your writing is short of the 250 word minimum. You picked an interesting piece that does show overlapping which is interesting because the colors are all so similar (green) that it could make it look flat, but the overlapping gives it some perspective.

    ReplyDelete