Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Blog post#4



Couture line, Hatching and Shading


This drawing is a European Art calls “Half Way Up the Mount of Olives”, drawn by France artist Jemes Tissot and I found it in Brooklyn Museum link. Without using any color the artist has presented a three dimensional world in a two dimensional surface only by using pen and ink. The artist emphasized in contour line, hatching, cross hatching and shading to give it a real image. First of all, is has visible contour line. We know the Contour lines are lines which make the outline of shapes and it is oppose to shading or modeling. In this art I can see the outline of shape of a big tree and its branches, which is in front of the drawing, other trees which are different in size also houses and buildings little far away from the big tree. All of those are in good shape. The magic of this good shape is brilliant use couture lines.  So, in an art contour lines separate in thing from another. I also see some work of hatching but that mush cross hatching. I can see some hatching in the tree steams and brunches. There is a lot of use of shading in this art work. May be he followed hatching or other way of shading. In the foot of the big tree some shade appears, which seems the sun light is right behind of the tree. Deep shading of the tree leaves brings clearer front than light shading of houses in far. The sky is lighter than anything else. If I keep looking to the drawing I see, the artist just kept playing with shading. After my practical drawing class I start seeing arts more deeply. Now, when I look up for elements in any art I can find a lot, but before it was harder. By this art the artist really amazed me.

1 comment:

  1. Great Work Sumsad! You did so well identifying the drawing techniques.

    ReplyDelete