Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014



The image above is a collage by Thomas Hirschhorn and I got this great collage from the MoMA website. What was used in this collage was cut and paste paper and also a felt-tip pen in order to create this collage. The meaning of this collage is the extreme brutality of war by putting pieces of images together. In this collage what I sense to see the most is repetition, I say this because as we can see there is a lot of images of mouths. I also believe this would be the artist focal point where he would want us to focus the most. When I look at this collage  and see the mouths I'm thinking what the artist emphasis is trying to show us is that what we say can hurt us as also being part of the brutality of war.. Although there is repetition I believe this collage also has unity. Although the images are different piece that was used it still brings out the collage as one making it out to be the brutality of war. If you look very closely and was to visual cut the collage in half we would see that  the balance is asymmetrical of this collage, on the left side it seems like the artist used more of the bigger images and on the right side theres more of smaller cut images. I honestly love this collage a lot and also the meaning the artist Thomas Hirschhorn tried to show us.

1 comment:

  1. You did a good job here Yamilka, although I think you could have wrote some more about the principles of design- there are many more at work here.

    ReplyDelete