Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Artistic distraction.









I compose of two different art that were accidental created. People like myself would pass by places and see things that would've never thought it would be art related. Although these two arts are totally different in shape, size and color they're still alike for the simple fact that you can creat in your mind what you might think the shape of these two accidental art have. One the first photo is an art that I came across a few houses down from where I live. I pass by this piece every single day when I walk my dog and I would walk right by, but today was different. As I passed by it today it just surprised me how this piece of art that's on the ground which I remember was cause by a pale of black paint that spilled over it the cement floor when the owner of the house was trying to repaint the bars to the front of the windows black but it's been so long that now the bars are painted white. The longer I take and observe this piece of art the more I start to see a form of like some sort of an animal walking by, like a dog of some sort. Since the paint is black and since it has negative space the art looks like is a shadow of a dog or an animal of some sort. I believe what gives it more it's form of a dog although the paint fell horizontal is that the cement floor is not elevated correctly so the paint flow was going down one direction creating the legs to the dog Iam in visioning in my mind.

My second piece here is my earphone from my phone. Today as I was digging into my purse trying to find and when I finally got them out I placed my earphones on top of my chair and the shape of how it looks shown on the picture is the shape of how it stayed after I placed them down on the chair. When I look at these earphones I see negative space. The direction is going is looks like is confused. This would be considered a 3D art. So when I look at this photo it looks a little different than what the earphones really look like in person. To me it gives me like a shape of like those Slinky but not when their in good condition more like when their all messed up and out of shape. The form my headphones were brought me back memories when I used to play with a  Slinky when I was younger and that's what I think it looks like to me. When you look into this piece you might find like it looks like something else in your mind and is the reason why I chosed to take this picture. The texture of these headphones are nice and soft although in the photo it looks like is stiff and just molded into its form.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Yamilka- I love the examples you created, especially that first one, and you describe the visual elements well.

    ReplyDelete