Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

hw 1

In high school, I went on a boat ride and this is the closest I ever came to the Statue of Liberty. This is a 2D sculpture that was built to record and commemorate. This statue represents our freedom as Americans and it is most celebrated on the 4th of July, also known as Independence Day. I think it is important to know what this statue means and why people, such as tourists travel from around the world to come see it. Unfortunately, I don't know who sculpted or designed the statue but I think they did it to really signify what our country means and all that we've fought for and who we are as a country today.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice picture to write about. I like how you provided a good explanation of the purpose. Just one little mistake its 3D since it's a sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley- please remember the requirement for blog posts is 250 word minimum- and you could have written more about the ideas we discussed in class regarding the purpose of art. Also, a sculpture is a 3D form.

    ReplyDelete