Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

home work 1


Home work 1
I see arts at everywhere; I see it in my bedroom, living room, and subway, at college and lots at my niece’s school. It’s not just in this country I saw it every other countries because people use art as a tool or universal language to express their feeling, thoughts, and view. Since words are limited they use art to tell the story to whole world. I have this art few years’ back my sister brought it from India as a gif and it’s 2D form (printmaking). This art is called “four harmonious friends”. The purpose of this art is to construct a meaningful image and form because the story behind art is that how each one of us is responsible for leading the other into virtue; how each of us is at different level than other yet needing each other. At one side it says that it tells respect elder and size doesn’t matter. These four animals they all want to eat the fruits on the tree. The story goes like this at first it was only the bird who lives near the tree since the tree was just a little sprout then as tree grows he can’t reach because he can’t fly, then the rabbit came but rabbit what’s on the ground and could lift on his back so bird could reach the growing tree, and then the monkey came and all four of them came one by one. That’s how it shows on the printing. I don’t know whether it really happened or to give a tangible form to the unknown but everyone in our country consider it as a precious one and almost every family has it in their house. I even don’t know who made this art.


1 comment:

  1. Tenzin- what a wonderful print, and wonderful story. Yes, it's definitely constructing a meaningful image, related to the story. Good work.

    ReplyDelete