Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

hw #1

I see art everyday in my living room wall. Every time I pass by the kitchen, to eat, to go out and watch TV I encounter my boyfriends painting he made while being on vacation in Mexico. He gave me that painting as a gift and I love it. The painting is on a canvas and it’s 2 dimensional since it has a flat surface. This piece of art was created to record and commemorate the day’s climate since it had rained almost everyday while he was there. He had gone to some part of Mexico a day after the weather had gotten better. That day, the view he had inspired him to paint it so I can also see it instead of just taking a normal photo. The painting is a record of what was all in front of his eyes. The painting is meaningful because since we live in the city we rarely have views like this unless we go out of the city if we even have time. Normally our everyday view is full of bright streetlights, cars, buildings, noises and trains. This painting represents the peacefulness there is out of the city. No noise, no traffic, no buildings, just you and nature. This painting is also gives me a feeling of calmness. I can imagine myself studying under that tree, reading a book or doing a D.I.Y craft enjoying the fresh air, being stress free. Although we might take for granted how beautiful nature it, the truth is we should always appreciate it and once in a while get away from the city. The painting’s sky has two shades of blue showing how the weather is still undecided if it shall rain or not. We can relate to that because we have been in situations where we also didn’t know what to choose at times. In the background you can see what appears to be a mountain but in reality is the Popocatepetl volcano.




2 comments:

  1. I love the way she wrote it and she describe it so well and detail. I think all requirement in our 1st assignment is present but at some where i think the purpose this art is missing but i am not sure but it is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bren- yes, I agree that it is to record/remember a specific moment/day. Also, it might also have been doe to give form to feelings and ideas.

    ReplyDelete