Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Assignment # 2


Last Wednesday afternoon when I was on the subway platform waiting for train after a long day of work, through this beautiful view, I could discern an accidental art. It is a 2D photograph that has horizontal shapes. This piece of art shows some movement, the sky is representing a flowing movement and the time between afternoon and evening. The blue color of the sky that is symbolizing calm and cool but at the same time Opposites colors blue white and black are seemed to work together therefore this art could be seen from distance place but together this opposite colors are making  a tension. It has both geometric and organic shapes such as the sky and trees have organic shape on the other hand the sign post and the buildings have geometric shape. Some patterns are repeated such as white and blue colors in the sky and the black colors of subway platform. The predominant mood of this art is its light which has captured my attention at first when I saw this view. This accidental art is symbolizing a shining bright day and the nature seems to be in motion, to be alive. This piece of art reminds me to revitalize myself as like as the nature after a long day of work.



 Last Sunday night after coming from a wedding ceremony my sister put her ornaments on the Dressing table, I saw something in these ornaments. I did not let her fix this as I found an accidental art in it. This is a 2D photograph that has bright colors. The predominant mood of this art is its geometric shapes as it has circle, triangle and other shapes. It has both negative and positive space. The gaps between the ornaments are negative spaces. The colors white, golden and silver are complementing each other. It has some repeated pattern. The texture of this art is rough. This piece of art reminds me of my previous life when I used to go to many cultural parties back there in my country at the same time it gives me an  exciting and joyful feelings.

1 comment:

  1. These are great examples, and you do mention some of the elements- but could have done a little more- this assignment was a 500 minimum word count.

    ReplyDelete