Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

HW 2

 
Fake broken glass
             This is the door of Urban outfitters in Lafayette street. It is located on Broadway. I was passing this store to get art supplies near around. At that moment, I saw one customer went into the store through the door. When the door was opened, I saw bunch of pieces of shapes on the glass. I stopped a moment on the street. I looked at the door again. When the door was closed, I could not see the pieces what I just saw. However, when the other customer opened the door again, I saw a lot of beautiful lines on the glass. Especially when the light hits into the door by opening it, it was very beautiful to see it. I thought the door was broken at the first time. However, when I got closer, It was designed looked like broken glasses. It actually looked like spider web. The lines are straight, curved short and long. They were designed with organic shapes. The color was pure. However, when the light hit on it, it was shiny with all different kinds of lines. I did not have a chance to touch the door. It looked rough because of a lot of lines, but I think these lines would be already covered with glasses. If I touched it, it would be smooth as I touch the real glass. When I look at the pattern, the lines were repeated and made all different designs and shapes.
 


 

Tree
 
             This is a tree of a house. The place is located 77st at Jackson Heights. It is near around my house. I was going home by passing the street. There was a big tree in front of a house. It was much bigger than any other house’s trees. Interestingly, this tree was different with others. I am not sure this tree is dying or not because most of skin of the tree was peeled off. It looked very old age. I was able to see some colors on the tree. The lines were connected with curve lines most of them. They look very clear. The shapes were interesting. All different curve lines made all different shapes. It can be organic shapes. Different shapes made different size. Some shapes are wide. Some shapes are small. Some shape is long. The color of the tree was yellow, brown and gray. The actual texture was little rough. There are patterns repeated. It appears all different organic shapes are repeated. I think I can say gray part is negative. Brown and yellow parts are positive. There is value on the tree. On the left part is lighter than right part. In the left part of the tree, there is some part stick out. It would be branch of the tree. It made shadow from the light so that the right part looks dark.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hannah these are excellent examples. You did a great job describing the elements- that tree picture looks like a painting!

    ReplyDelete