Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

HW-Assignment 1




Art surrounds us everyday in all of our daily activities and in our surroundings, whether we realize it or not. May times we're in such a rush to get to where we're going we bypass these simple things in life. Simple things that brings us visual satisfaction. Art isn't only appreciated in museums and galleries, we also welcome art into our homes. This is a painting on canvas found in my living room. When I came across this painting it made me stop and really dissect it. I found myself starring at this painting wondering what does it mean to me, what is the message the artist is conveying. We all view pieces of art differently from one another, what some think is beautiful others may disagree. I loved this piece because of the initial reaction I got when spotted. To me this painting means life…similar to "the tree of life" well maybe not as detailed as some may imagine what it would look like. I saw peace and felt peaceful, who wouldn't appreciate some peace in their home. To me it brings warmth and brightens up the space especially with the painting being very large on the wall. The colors the artist used really complimented each other as well as matched the color palette of my living room. This painting on canvas is a 2D form. According to the 7 categories I do think it was successful in it's purpose. It's successful in the sense that it refreshes our vision and view the world in a different way. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that this piece of art refreshes our vision and the colors are definitely complimenting each other and it is a 2D form. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Samantha, great writing!

    ReplyDelete