Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Assignment ## 1

Art has become a part of our everyday life. I encounter art in my college, streets, subway, malls in fact Art is everywhere. May be sometimes I pay attention and sometimes don’t but whenever I do it fascinates me. Some arts are visual form of imagination while others have messages or stories behind them. Sometimes the messages are thought provoking that make us think in the way we have never thought. The form of this art that I have shared is 2D form. The purpose of this art is to give tangible form to feelings and ideas. While I was on the way to my class this painting made me stop by and to look at it. Surely this painting has a story behind it. The look of this woman in the painting is reflecting her emotion. The anxious or fearful look on her face makes me imagine her feelings or what she is going through. This painting is symbolizing suffering and despair.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Ayesha! I definitely understand what you mean by the feel of the painting. The colors that the artist used gives it a significant sadness, and I wonder if that was intentional. I feel like I've seen this piece in the school and will be searching for it to get a closer look. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great example Ayesha- I haven't seen this painting on campus yet. Remember that blog posts are required to be 250 words minimum.

    ReplyDelete