Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Blog Post #1


In our daily life it  is hard to realize little things that for one or another reason we miss, especially for those who live in New York City. I ride the train every single day and every single day I saw this pic. I guess most of you guys have seen it. The first time that I saw it, it attracted my attention due to the fact that this pic describes how the life of those who ride the train is. I felt really familiar with this pic because in my daily life I have seen all the events that the artist is transmitting in the pic. This is a 2D painting. In my opinion this is a wonderful picture which describes what we see on the subways every day , from the most minimum thing until the most strange or extravagant thing. I think that the purpose of the artist is to make us realize that we live surround of people from different cultures and that we don’t realize that because we are no paying attention to those little things. We see all those things as normal things just for the fact that we are living here in this country where what can be estrange or weird for a person from another country  is normal for people who live here because they are use to it. If I had seen this pic in my country I would think that it was something that someone made it up, because in my country you don’t see things like this often,and when we see it we pay attention to it. I believe that the artist succeed with this painting, he did a really good job. He refreshes our vision to see the world or things around us in a new way.

2 comments:

  1. i love this painting. i have seen it a few times myself riding the train but not anymore. I agree that this painting is showing the different types of people that we have in our city, and us as new yorkers don't really pay attention to it because we are used to that. I also agree that it is 2D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice choice Hilda, this artwork is seen by so many people! and yes, it does refresh our vision of something we see all the time.

    ReplyDelete