Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Natalie, Blog Post #1




People can describe art can in many different ways, as well as have different feelings towards it. Whether it being a huge sculpture that can be seen and stands out for everyone to see that the artist is trying to make a point or a tattoo on someone's body that is personal and has a deep story behind it. They can look at a sculpture and have no idea what it could mean, while someone else can come with a whole story behind it. This is a sculpture I have in my room and it is my favorite piece of art in my house. I've had this sun and moon sculpture for about 6 years, and I have always kept it hung on my wall. My parents brought this to me from Puerto Rico because it has my two favorite colors and it reminded them of me, since I did not go away with them. I have seen pictures and other sculptures of the sun and moon and each have different meanings based on the colors or facial expression that the artist decides to put on the two faces. Unfortunately, I do not know the artist or even the story behind this sculpture and the meaning for it not being the traditional colors of the actual sun and moon. I can only describe what I think about the sculpture every time I look at it, which is the emotion. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of Puerto Rico and makes me miss seeing all of the other beautiful artwork. It also makes me feel relaxed with the bright colors that makes it stand out on my wall.

2 comments:

  1. It is interesting to see your sculpture. As you said, i can also see emotion through each faces of moon and sun. I like the combination of the colors. They are used bright different colors and they show different facial expression. It is beautiful sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, it's wonderful to see how much this artwork evokes for you as a viewer. You did a good job writing about it.

    ReplyDelete