Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Essay 2


Our trip to Chelsea galleries was Amazing. I have really enjoyed visiting different galleries and observing different types of arts. First of all, Houseago’s “Moun Room” amazed me because I have never seen before any art or sculpture like that. The physical space of this sculpture makes this one more special than others. It is a three dimensional sculpture composed of three chambers within one another. This 'Moun Room' seems to have both negative and positive spaces and some kind of rhythm and movement as well. While reading the description of it’ I have noticed artist’s opinion where he described this work as 'a visual maze with a spiritual dimension.
Wu Jian'an gallery was my favorite one because his arts are different than others and eye-catching. In the first painting the way he has drawn different Chinese characters was really interesting. He has captured all kinds of characters in his one painting. I was wondering how he has drawn these faces but I got my answer at the bottom of the painting as he has showed how he started drawing these different faces. However, in the second painting I guess he has depicted any historical story or moment. This painting shows depression and mourning. The third painting I have collected made me stop and look at it for a while. In this painting he has used some pattern of connectivity. These overlapping multi- colored balls which have created a beautiful blend of colors. It has both unity and Varity. While Different colors are creating Varity, the circular geometric shapes of balls are creating unity. These colored balls look like bobbles creating pattern, rhythm and making the eyes move all over the painting, over all I would say it’s a beautiful painting.


I would say Gagosian Gallery is an excellent gallery and great place for large-scale works. This one has more lighting and plenty of space for displaying larger paintings. Takashi Murakami’s different kinds of sculptures and paintings are really attractive. He has used Japanese painting technique. His paintings and sculpture are colorful and full of fun. I have really enjoyed his all paintings and gigantic sculptures. The first sculpture I have shared, presenting a devil character while the second one is really charming, I wish it were a robot because it seems to me something funny and real. The last painting I have shared is stunning as well. In this painting artist has depicted different types of facial expression in different ways with bright colors, beautiful background and pattern. To sum up, it was a very informative and interesting trip for me. Through these different contemporary arts I am getting more interest in art now.





                   

1 comment: