Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014


Midterm

 

The French Canadian artist David Altmedj, as I saw on the video, he has his studio in New York City. On the video I could see that different ideas on what to build. What I could see he was most interested in was “the vessel” which in my opinion was something amazing. I could notice that this artist creates 3d forms and is the way he likes. Also he says that he doesn’t do drawings because there are other materials that he finds interesting at the moment to create his work. Some of the forms that I could see he was giving to his artwork were human forms they look like menace. Other of these forms was an angel that didn’t have a face or a body but he use different parts of the human body to give that form of an angel. Other forms were the bees that he made with crystal and other material to make them look like they were alive. The process that this artist used was a process where he used step by step to finish his creation. To finish these artworks, in my opinion it was something that it seems he couldn’t finish in a day. This process may have take him a month or more in my opinion. Doing this kind of artworks it seems like mistakes are expected. I could see on the video that he made mistakes that made him start all over something that can be frustrating for anyone. The materials that I saw on the video that the artist used to make his artwork were icopor, plaster, wood, crystal, wires and other materials. What I could notice on the video is that the artists doesn’t use any kind of painting and also what I found interesting was that this artist uses part of his body to create molds for his artwork. I think that this artist artwork is a successful complete exploration of the ideas in a tangible form because his sculptures have all the requirements to be considered an artwork. This video didn’t make me think different about artist because in my opinion, every artist needs to organize their ideas before starting their artwork and make mistake when doing something is normal. This can make an artist learn and get better. What surprise me about this video was “the vessel” because the artist shows that he got a really big imagination when using different kinds of materials.  

No comments:

Post a Comment