Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Blog Post 8


Today I went to the Museum of Moving Image, and I enjoyed my experience. I had gone when it had first opened and it a great experience as well. I find it amazing how such a small and recent museum can have most of the coolest and oldest equipment. I started from the top floor and made my way down to the first. On the top floor they had an exhibit based on the works of Chuck Jones. I was surprised that he was the master- mind behind all the amazing cartoons that are still known today. Going through that exhibit I saw how simple the sketches and story lines were that made such an impact on cartoon history. The most simple story I saw was the dot and line, even though it didn’t seem like much, it caught my attention on how interesting he made it become. I was also didn’t know that it was the same man behind bugs bunny as well as the Grinch. The other part of the museum had a lot of old equipment that was used to make shows and movies as well as the oldest televisions I have ever seen. Even though the televisions sets were probably older then my grandmother, it made me want to have one. I also saw models and masks from the biggest thriller films, like the Exorcist and Nightmare on Elm Street, as well as the makeup that was used from television shows and record players from the most known bands and singers. Another section of the museum looked like a huge arcade and had the oldest games that you were able to play with tokens and a “King Tut” theater. This museum is one of my favorite museums that I have been to so far. I enjoy that it does show the history behind what is being shown but in a way that doesn’t bombard you with a paragraph for each picture, as some museums do.








No comments:

Post a Comment