Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014




Essay #2

 

    On the trip to Chelsea’s Galleries I had a lot of fun. It was cold I got to say but everything else was interesting. I saw different kinds of artwork from different artist. I have to say that this people do amazing works and have a great imagination to make art out of thing that for some of us are useless. From this galleries I have different thoughts and opinions. My expectations also were different from what was in my mind. Also I could see that every artist has their own way to build and create art making them unique.

 

      My thoughts about these galleries are that every one of them has their main attraction from all the artworks that were in each of them. Another thought is that art is not only take a piece of paper and draw anything. It has to have a meaning and also that art is not only painting but least things that we can think of are amazing works of art in this galleries. In addition, most of the artworks that I saw in this galleries are not many years old which makes the interesting seeing these artist applying their own ways to create art. Also I think that after many years this works will get more interesting and more value is going to be added to them. These artworks have all of the elements of art that we have seen in class such as line, texture, form, colors and others that make them interesting and attractive for the viewers.

 

    What I expected from these galleries was that the artworks that I was going to see was going to be kind of boring and none of them was going to get my attention but I was wrong. The galleries had different kinds of work one more interesting than other and better looking than others. From all the galleries that we visit, the two I found interesting in my opinion were the first one that we visit that is called “Hauser and Wirth” and the other with Asian wooden house inside. From the first one I like the large sculpture called “Moun Room”, this three dimensional sculpture was amazing. To me it look like a maze and from what I heard, it is less than a year old. The other gallery that I liked was one of the Asian galleries that we visit with the wooden house and the two big statues. What I liked from this gallery was the different colors that I saw everywhere I was looking and also the wooden house. I think it was interesting to see this kind of sculpture for the first time. Also for what I could see, it look very old but I didn’t get to know how old it was. What I found relevant of these artworks is that in my opinion most of them have that present looking. I can tell that they are not too old. From the artist the one that I felt a “spark” was Thomas Houseago” the one who created the “Moun Room” because on his creation when you look at it from the outside, it looks like something simple but once you start to get to walk around or inside it you start to see all these kind of details and shapes that give the good looking to it also because his artwork is not even a year old and from what I heard, it took him nine months to finish it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Luis. The Japanese artist is Takashi Murakami and you can see more of his work online if you google him.

    ReplyDelete