Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Blog post #8

Today, I visited the Museum of Moving Image, and I had a lot of fun. There were fascinating exhibits that showed props and outfits from TV shows or movies, toys, and tools from a generation younger than my own. It was really amazing to see up close how things were before we had such advanced things like smart TVs and smart phones, etc. Before TVs were invented, to watch things, people would have to crank a lever in a machine that would flip through images to create animation and movement. There was no sound so you would just have to imagine the effects as you watched or process what was happening in silence. As for video cameras and microphones, I noticed that everything older is bigger. As time passed, people have been able to create smaller tools to carry around easier and because ways have been created to make memory be compact in smaller containers all while making larger amount of memory in the containers, people have evolved to figure this out and advance as humans; I find that so interesting. But I did not only learn about that at the Museum of Moving Image; I also saw some six minute animations from artists. I have tried to do animation before, and have found out that without the proper equipment and knowledge, it is very hard. The shorts were amusing and making these last six minutes must have been hard work. Lastly, there was a special exhibit dedicated to Chuck Jones, that will be lasting until January. I was excited about this exhibit because I admire Jones' work and his cartoons were my childhood. I was able to see sketches he had done of his characters, backgrounds with long widths and tall heights, and his animation that I grew up with. I had such a fun time and would love to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment