Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

My experience while visiting the chelsea galleries this past Friday was a very good one it was very interesting seeing the different things the various artists used to make their work of art. Some of the different things used for the artwork were candle wax, glitter, papers cut into different shapes, glasses, etc, this showed me that anything can be turned into art and that art is  all around us. I really enjoyed the first art gallery we went into it was the "Moun Room" by Thomas Houseago, this artwork has three rooms within one another and it is like a maze and you are allowed to go inside and explore, I found this very interesting because it allowed one to actually step into the artwork instead of looking at something two dimensional like a painting. The walls had many different shapes sizes and textures. Another art piece that I found interesting was the one made by Wu Jian'an called 6000 Painted Faces, which is a painting of different small faces repeated one after another. This painting shows visual rhythm, repetition. I also think this painting shows approximate symmetry because although all of the faces are mostly different there is only a slight difference between axial areas of the work. This art work reminds me of the Picasso painting that was showed in class called The Bull. Both paintings show a figure being repeated but getting simpler as the painting moves along. Lastly, the work of art that I found very interesting was the one by the artist named Kay Hassan and it is called Passage of Time it is a piece that show many vintage radios playing music from artist like Billie Holliday and Count Basie, also on the wall behind the radios there are many vintage album covers. I like this art work because I like the way the music brought the two components of this work piece together and hearing the music really make one appreciate more the art. Overall going to these many art galleries around New York really made me appreciate art much more than I did in the past.

1 comment: