Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Essay 2


                                                                                  On Friday we went on a trip to see artwork. At first I wasn't really feeling it because it was to cold and I wanted to stay home I thought that we was going to be walking around in the cold see art outside but when I realized that we was seeing art in gallery's it made me a little bit happier. The art that I have seen all of them was amazing in there own way. In the first gallery that we went to was a big piece of art, it's a big box that you could walk in it was made by Thomas houseago. It's called the moun room It's about 37 feet by 45 feet wide and 12 feet tall. When I was walking around the art I was wondering what was it made by and I figure it out when I read the paper it said that it is built from individual panels made of TUF-CAL plaster and link together through the use of iron re-bar. When I first saw that art I just wonder to myself how long did it take him to do that because it was a big piece. We saw a lot of art on Friday all of them was really unique in there own way but there was one that I really got hook on which was the last gallery we went too. I wish I knew who the artist was but I forgot but his art was amazing. The way the colors pop, I couldn't take my eye off of it. In all his painting he got a signature sign, which is the skulls you see them everywhere. There was two other ones that I love which was the two big sculptures of the Bulls or Devils I really don't know what they are but there are amazing he put some much details into them. I wonder how long did it take him to do both of them. Even though I was so happy about the trip it was worth it to go because I saw all those amazing painting.

1 comment: