Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chelsea Piers Experience

I've been to Chelsea Piers before and I never knew there were art galleries embodying its surroundings. Regardless of my nostalgic feelings upon my return, you learn something new and continue to be surprised. Going through the art galleries I wasn't sure how to feel, there were so many pieces of art I felt overwhelmed. From what I was able to fully collaborate my thoughts was from the exhibit of Wu Jian'an Gallery.  The pattern and rhythm I experienced through her/his artwork had such clarity I felt a sudden connection. I was surprised by the techniques that was used during the creation of a piece of artwork where circles were the repetitive aspect of it. I was also wondering how this artist was able to use melted crayon to create this piece so well, its precision was absolutely astonishing. I came across another piece that was purely made out of paper cut outs and the artist created a wolf, but it was not just a wolf; if you look closer the wolf face was made up of smaller pictures that was Asian culture related. my interpretation of the artwork was that the pictures enveloped in the wolf's face was a demonstration of the Asian world or a brief look into the fantasy that is the artists world. If I had a more elaborate understanding of some of the Asian calligraphy I'd have a more definite description of what I saw. The inspiration that the artists use to create each piece of work could be utterly different or different inspiration that was born from similar inspirations itself. I've always been fascinated with artwork that was developed from the Asian culture because it's the only thing that really caught my eye in the past up to now. There was a 3D sculpture where it was an inspiration from the artist girlfriend whose name was Luna, he created a sort of playground experiencing different phases that the moon goes through. Makes me wonder what my inspirations are--I remember an Artist name Rackshaw who said that you start off with a reason with your piece but then as you progress your reason disappears because you're so wrapped up in the piece itself. I feel like that every time I I make a different portrait or collage of something. Everyone has an outlet of expression and I like to remind myself that every time because I'm always surprised and I try so eagerly to interpret their expression because I want to be able to understand the artist. I think when someone can't express through words how they feel, they find another way of speaking to the masses; to help them understand. I've always had a difficult time of expressing myself through words whether it be because the English language is so arduous when it comes to finding the right words, you can find it through other means. I once believed that the artist who created the tents was trying to demonstrate the world gov'ts control and how a home can be guarded by angels. The first tent I went in I saw this same reoccurring face every time I looked at a different wall in the tent. I saw a man with an monocle with a curved mustache, he was always next to a different line of business from what I believe was slavery to today's life. That behind it all the gov't was an influence on it. My perception may be a bit rough but I wasn't one to express myself through words very well. I will be returning to the galleries to experience many other artists so I can enjoy it while I can.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Aaron- your interpretations are very interesting- and that is what art is about really, making a connection with the viewer in a personal way.

    ReplyDelete