Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Essay 2

While looking at the many pics if art by the many different artists, I realized that art is a big part of the city we live in. It was an amazing experience going to all the galleries and looking at art made by artists currently alive. Because of this, I did feel like I could relate to some of the pieces because they were used with materials that make it look more modern. To me, I didn't expect to see so many different galleries located in the same area. When I think about art galleries, I think about these huge halls that scale from large building to giant walls of art. During the trip, I learned that many of the galleries known are relatively small and can be accessed by anyone. It makes me realize that art comes in many shapes and forms. These differences can be noticed throughout the large variety of artists seen. Some like to create small paintings and other like to create pieces the size of buildings. This made me aware that art can take many forms, like interactive art and how it plays with your perspective of things. As an example of an artist that uses interactive art, as well as a diverse range of exhibition, Takashi Murakami specializes in Japanese styled art. His work demonstrated the use of large pieces of colorful and significant sculptures of traditional demons in Japanese culture, and even what it seems to be a temple entrance. His paintings consist of dynamic characters, painted in very bright warm and cool colors, that show a dramatized version of the modern Japanese culture. His artwork is a mix of modern and traditional style, and that's what made it stand out for me. The galleries now have a more significant value to me and I will have to go back.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could have written some more here Harold...

    ReplyDelete