Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Essay #2

On Friday I went to a trip to go and visit galleries. My overall experience was I really enjoyed the trip. I actually enjoyed it more then expected because it was pretty cold and windy that day. Despite the weather I found some of the work in the art galleries just amazing. My favorite gallery that we visited was Takashi Murakami gallery.

In Murakami's gallery one of the first things that grabbed my attention was the two photos shown on top. The colors the artist used and the design along with the shapes look great. The colors make this picture pop so much. Murakami used the shape of circles more then once in both works of art. Another work of art that was absolutely amazing was the gold sculpture shown also on top. When I walked into the room and saw this I automatically thought oh my god, this is freaking amazing. As I was looking at the sculpture up close the material use to create it allowed me to be able to see my reflection off of the sculpture which I thought was pretty cool.



The second gallery I enjoyed was the very first one we visited, the Thomas Houseago gallery. I liked that I was able to go inside and look around, getting an up close look at the huge sculpture. Out of all the art I've come across and seen this was actually one of my first times being able to actually go inside a sculpture. For my first time it was really nice, the sculpture felt like a small maze. As I walked through the maze you could openings and closed off parts of it. Also I could see all the different shapes Houseago used to create the sculpture. One shape I noticed that the artist used a lot was circles.

From the trip my favorite piece of art is the one shown above. I unfortunately can't remember from what art gallery this was from. A reason why I really like it is because it clearly deals with music and I really do enjoy listening to music. Also I think this piece of art really does relate to present day art because just as art is everywhere in New York in different forms, size, color, and so on, music is also all around New York in different sounds and style. I also enjoy this piece because it's shows the history of music and it kind of shows how long it's been around.




1 comment:

  1. the last one was artist Kay Hassan, fyi! Good job here!

    ReplyDelete