Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

essay #2





      It was fun to visit galleries on last Friday. The weather was beautiful and I was excited to see other art works. The first gallery we visited was from Hauser & Wirth. It was an architecture style that stood alone on the huge ground. When I saw it at the first time, I felt that it was like a castle I have been seeing a lot from cartoon movies.  The material artist used was like paper pasting over and over again. I went inside of the art work, it was like a maze that made me so interested being inside there. I felt like I became a cartoon character at that moment. The second gallery we visited was from Neo Rauch. The art works were paintings. Some of them were huge scale. Some of them were tiny scale. What I felt from the paintings at the first time was that they looked depressed. The colors artist used were mostly dark.  Some of scenes of the paintings were about death. However, there was some part the artist used bright colors. I believe that the artist might want to express hope. The third gallery we visited was from Chambers fine art. The artist was Chinese. The material she used was very interesting to me. It was kind of wax that she painted humans faces with different colors. She also cut tiny Chinese characters and put them together. When I saw it from the far distance, it became a huge Chinese character. I wondered how she organized a lot of tiny characters and created different another character. The fourth gallery was from Jack Shainman. The material the artist used was also interesting to me. It was like the cover of the bottle we used to drink. They were spread and connected each other. The other art work was used with old CD case and radio with music. It was really great idea that used old style with music.  I realized that anything can be wonderful material to make art. The last gallery we visited was huge show. It was from Takaxhi murakami. The artist was Japanese. All the art works were huge scale. I liked the huge statues like a cute devil character. It had a big bat. The head was very big compare to body. The body had a lot of muscle.  The feet were like animal that had sharp toenails.  It was the most interesting art work to me because it was really huge. It was really expressed well about Japan style.

1 comment: