Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Essay 2

I have never realized how many different types of artwork there are just in New York City. I do love art and being able to learn different ways to draw and see different art pieces. Taking this art class has opened me up to go to different museums, galleries and be able to learn and understand the artists as well as seeing what inspired them to create pieces that people around the world are traveling to come see. I have never gone to the Chelsea Galleries before and I enjoyed my experience. I did not realize how many galleries were there and how interesting they actually are. What I actually expected was just three or four galleries from the most famous artists and that it would be on the same block. I enjoyed walking down the blocks and looking how open the galleries were and how easily you can see the artwork that persuades the people who walk by to come in and see more of it. Going into the different galleries I was able to see artists that I have never heard of and how each of their artwork is different from each other and from the artworks I have seen before. I don’t think that the art pieces I saw were relevant to my world because I feel as if artists even though they can be many years apart still have such a talent, that they can literally create anything with what they have and make it into a wonderful art piece that people will continue to look at for many years. The pieces of artwork that caught my eye the most were the ones at the Chris Martin at Anton Kern Gallery. Walking into the Anton Kern Gallery and seeing the first piece right when you walked in, I was hypnotized by the piece and all the glitter. Looking at the piece I felt as if I was in outer space with the dark blue background and different colored spots all around. I felt that this particular gallery was the brightest and had such great lighting on each piece that made it stand out so much more, and I don’t think the photos above do any justice as to seeing them in person. As well as seeing them in person you are able to see that in the paintings there is also some small figure of either an animal or a person, such as in the first picture you can see that the dark spots in the painting look like buffalos. Since I enjoyed going to the galleries and seeing the art pieces, I can say that I will go back go to the other galleries and learn about the other artists as well.


                                                             











1 comment: