Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Essay#2













          
                   In the beginning of the journey of visiting Chelsea galleries in last Friday (11/14/2014) was not really interesting to me. It was cold out there and I had to wake up in the morning and run to Manhattan. However, we started from the “Hauser & Wirth” gallery. There was only one artwork, which is called “MounRoom” by Thomas Houseago. After saw that I started to feel good because Istarted to see precious works of famous artists.
After that we visited some more galleries and I just amazed to see thoseworks. Those were really impressed me. I could not ignore any part of an art because every single inch is equally valuable. For example, in the “David zwirnergallery I saw some art by Neo Rauch, I felt a relationship among those arts and there are many important meanings, values and thinks in every artwork. To see those painting I can plot a religious image in my mind. May be the artist wanted to represent the sacrifice animals for god or killing them and so on. If I see part by part I can notice color, shape, light and dark combination. Although people’s face, their mood everything is so clear to see, I could not make conclusion right way about the subject of the artsThose made me think.
Furthermore, in the “Chambers fine art” what I saw it was just amazing. The artist, Wu Jian’an played with the shapes and colors. When I looked in the middle art of the image 2, I could not close my eyelids. There was hundreds circles in that art and each circle was in different color. I saw how variety and similarity can strongly stay together in one art. Another interesting thing is the artist used paper cut as his preferred mediumThere were some other arts those are also represented similarity and variety in same artwork. In “Anton kern galley I saw some artwork by Chris Martin where he used Acrylic, glitter and collage on canvas. Those were also wonderful creation.
Also in the “jack shainman gallery” I found some different artwork where the artist. Fl Anatsui used clay, metal, and wood to create installation art based on traditional as his media. Those were really attractive. In the Mary Boone Gallery I saw two tent created by Francesco Clemente. Those were not only tents; also there were many artworks in the outside and the inside of the tents. The last but not least gallery was “Gagosian gallery”. When I entered into that gallery I just blast. There were many arts made with metal medium. I liked those very much.
It is impossible to evaluate those arts. All are unique. Every work amazed me differently. Finally, I understand that whatever I felt in the beginning it really does not matter, but matter was what I felt in the end. It made my day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being honest Sumsad! It was a cold day! I am glad you enjoyed it in the end.

    ReplyDelete