Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

post 8







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today I visit The New Museum and it was my first time there. I honestly have mixed feelings about this museum. I like the museum but It could've been better. The artwork they had there was very interesting and cool, even how the building looked from the outside was super cool. What I didn't like much was the layout of the museum the way you had to take an elevator to the floors or you can take the very tiring staircase. The good part is that the artwork are very nice and cool I just wish there were more artwork displayed. The artwork that caught my attention the most was these pieces by David zwirner And it's called Afro Green  the reason it caught my attention was because it reminded me of the holidays with the complimentary green and red colors and texture and also because it had glitter and it also reminded me of the gallery trip we took when we went to the gallery that most of the artwork was In glitter. One thing that I did like about the museum is that it has a 7th floor with a view of the city. The view is so pretty, you can see the bridge and tall buildings, it made me realize like, wow New York is art. Which reminds me of how our professor said that people come from all around the world to see art in New York. Even though this is not part of the assignment I just wanted to add that when I got off the train on 2nd ave to go to the New museum, on the other side of the train tracks there was a historical train that I learned that they bring it out every year for the past 8 years on holidays and it's from the 1930's... People actually go there dressed like the 1930's to get more of the feel of it, they also said that sometimes they have bands play inside. It's open to the public and you can actually ride the train from 2nd ave that's the last stop to queens plaza. The train inside is such a work of art though, it has such cool ads of the 1930's and ceiling fans and cushion seats, all original! If you guys are interested it's there for the holiday time only for you to ride. On this trip I feel like I got two for the price of one.

1 comment:

  1. OOOH! I am so glad you saw this! I heard something about that train! I have to find out more and go and see it.

    ReplyDelete