Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014








Blog post #8
 
  For this week blog post, I decided to go to the museum of art and design located at Columbus circle. I went in company of one of my classmates who I planned to go with on Friday December 5th. I picked this museum from all the different choices that I had because I had passed by this museum before. I had the curiosity to see how was in the inside and the kind of artwork it had. Even though, this museum is far from my house, it was easy to get there. The admission was 12 dollars for students. Anyways, what was interesting about this museum were the different artwork that I saw. They had all kind of stuff from glass to metal. All of them were interesting and were getting my attention everywhere I was looking. I saw artworks form many artists such as Abraham Cruzvillegas from Mexico, Pepe Lopez from Venezuela, William Keyser, Pedro Reyes from Mexico and others. All of them have different ways to show their creativity with different kinds of elements. From all the artwork I saw on the different galleries they had or have in this museum, one of them that caught my attention was “Guitarra” from Pedro Reyes. Created by him in 2013. What really attracted me from this instrument was that, it was made of dangerous weapons. This instrument is a 3d form and is very symmetrical. The material used for this artwork was from some of the weapons confiscated with the purpose of making art instead of violence which takes lives from many people every day in Mexico. In general, it was a great experience I enjoyed every second of it hoping to come back again another day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment