Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

blog post #8

 Today I went visited the Museum of Moving Image with my boyfriend and younger sister. There was awesome stuff that captured our attention. You can sit down and watch short animated clips. I find it awesome how movies, photos, makeup and technology all together create an awesome and wonderful combination of art. We saw how the makeup artists completely change an actor’s face using makeup. We saw different types of characters in toy form that were from before. The museum also had old arcade games that you were able to play like Packman. In addition to the first video game with a Mario game. My boyfriend, sister and I were there for a few playing the game, which was very fun. As we continued our journey, the museum also has old vintage stuff such as cameras, microphones and televisions. The older they were, the bigger they were physically. Now as time passed, they are smaller and more portable. I find it amazing how before they were still to manage making awesome movies with out having the advance technology we have today. There was also this cool thing that you looked into it and it had a lot of papers with photos of Chaplin. You had you turned a handle and as you looked inside, the photo pages flipped fast creating a small movie. Another thing that was fun was creating your own film with what a computer and what ever pictures you had in the table. It was cool and if you used your imagination there were many things you could create. As we kept walking there was this section of manikins from movies. Our last section we went to was this section dedicated to Chuck Jones. I loved it and I loved the cartoons he made. There were short films of his characters, sketches and paintings. Going there and seeing his cartoons reminded me of when I use to see them before when I was younger. I really enjoyed the museum. It was actually really fun. The best part was that the people that work there weren’t uptight at all! Fridays are free so I took advantage of that. I plan on going back another day !










No comments:

Post a Comment