Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Blog #8

Museum of Natural History


 On Friday the museum of choice I decided to visit was The Museum of Natural History. I made it a mommy and son day and brought my little one along for the ride. He had such a great time exploring the museum filled with animal showcases,under the sea, dinosaurs and science. Our favorite part in the museum was the dinosaur bones. The look on his face was priceless when we walked into the dinosaur area and saw exactly how big these bones were. I remember visiting this museum when I was younger and looking up at the T-Rex that was set up in the main lobby and always remembering it as the biggest thing I've ever seen. So I can only imagine what he may have thought. I'm glad we were assigned this assignment, I was able to bring my son and make this assignment an enjoyable experience for the both of us. Below I've included pictures of our exploration through the museum. These pictures were carefully selected by my four year old who asked me to take pictures of the things he found most fascinating or interesting to him. I was happy to see him happy and also that this was a positive learning experience not only for my son but for me as well. I've really enjoyed taking this course this semester. Not only has this course broadened my artistic knowledge but it also has expanded my vocabulary. This has made it more enjoyable to critique a piece of art just by knowing the right language.











1 comment: