Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Blog post# 8

                                                   Queens Museum

I went to Queens Museum and i choose because its close to me and I never went there before.   I really enjoyed the Tibetan exhibition as the paintings were inspirational and engaging. Although the museum is small and features very little art, there are many precious things there.
1. Tsherin Sherpa

Here in my first picture (1. Tsherin Shepa) we see a circle and some color and some Optimize art in the inside and the outside of the circle. This is a Traditional Tibetan Prayer Flag. The artist used Archival ink, Gouache and gold Leaf On Hahnemuhle paper. It is an amazing art.

2. Poppy floor lamp








The name of my second picture is Poppy Floor Lamp. it was really nice. there was whole bunch of lamp in that gallery. among them is one attracted my eyes.  It is a lamp made with leaded real glass with brass filigree. The explanation of these art says, it present the flower from different vantage point and various stages of its life cycle which are front and back, bud to mature bloom, and finally as it begins to wilt and drop. It is a fabulous creation and I realized that when I read the description of that. 



My hands-down favorite exhibit in the entire place is the Panorama; it is a 3D expression of the five boroughs and was originally installed decades ago (#3 picture).  It has not been updated, so you will see the original World Trade Center and other buildings that are no longer current, but native New Yorkers should enjoy spotting familiar places.


3. The Panorama of The City of New York

4. Sherab Gyaltsen
 There are some other attractive artwork such as, Penba Wangdu, Tsewang Tashi, Polit Sheer From Office Library, 2008, Tashi Norbu, Sherab Gyaltsen, Water for the Future and so on.






I'm really looking forward to visiting this museum again whenever i have time. Parking is ample and its located in Flushing  Corona Park. A beautiful museum located right in front of the Uni sphere. It's a great destination for all visitor

1 comment: