Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Blog #8

On Saturday I went to the Queens museum. I picked this museum because I have never been there before and it was near by. With me I went my best friend. To get in it was $8 dollars each. Through out the museum we went to four different exhibits they had. These four exhibits were Polit-Sheer-Form, Panorama of the City of New York, Anonymous Contemporary Tibetan Art, and Kora: A Meditation on Pilgrimage. Through the museum some of the art pieces I saw are shown below. These pieces of art stuck out to me the most. I think my favourite one is the panorama piece is just amazing. As you walked around the panorama, on the walk way it had the boroughs named and the neighborhoods listed in alphabets which I thought was pretty cool. You got to know where you were and what view of the boroughs you were looking at. Another piece of structure I thought was pretty interesting was this blue room with books inside. It was pretty cool looking and the reason for all the blue in this room including the books are because in modern Chinese the blue shapes the idea of overseas. The painting with the Orange and red colors also stood out to me. I loved how colors popped out at you and how the background is dark which helps the other colors pop. This painting was made by Sherab Gyaltsen to represent the reality of violence. I think this is a great painting of that because the use of color and fire, also you can even see a leg on the top left of the painting being consumed by the fire. Overall I had a great time walking around and while I was there I got to little kids making their own art in a little workshops the museum had which I thought was just cute.









No comments:

Post a Comment